This site is great blog topic, Ten on Tuesday. This weeks topic…
Ten Songs that bring back memories and why:
*I love music, I believe that everyone’s life has it’s own soundtrack. This was so hard for me to do, because it’s hard for me to hear any song and not have a memory from it.
- You are my Sunshine, Ray Charles- My mom and grandmother used to sing this to me when I was younger. Still to this day one of my favorites.
- The Woods Song, Indigo Girls- We sang this at ADPi pref. I love it and listen to it all the time. It always seems to put things into perspective. Blogged about previously…
- Ballerina Girl, Lionel Richie- It was my very first dance recital song ever. I love it!
- Sitting on the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding-One of the best times I had with V sitting on the dock in SC on a mini break we took together.
- Aint that a Kick in the Head, Dean Martin- This was my solo song my senior year of high school. It was an amazing year for me. It brings back tons of great memories from Straub and Miss Ohio.
- Bartender, TPain- Random I know, but I had an amazing summer with Jules and Peggy. This song was always on the radio and Jules and I had a blast singing it! It makes me giggle to this day…uh huh!
- It’s so Easy, Sheryl Crow- This makes me think of a few things. One college love, but a more fun memory is teaching at Diana’s with Miss Lisa. Monday nights were some of the best memories I had there.
- Time to Say Goodbye, Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli- Also many memories. First off, it makes me think of Mere S. She is so fun and adores Sarah Brightman. Secondly, my Uncle Ray sang this at my grandfather’s funeral. I love the song, because its so bittersweet.
- La Vie Bohem from Rent– Jonathan Larson, original cast recording (not the movie)- I heart RENT. It makes me think of Mere (countless nights driving around in the car), NYC, Melinda (lville)…not to mention anytime I say the words “WINE AND BEER”.
- That’s Entertainment from That’s Entertainment, Fred Astaire, Jack Buchanan, Nanette Fabray & Oscar Levant- “A Show that is really a show, sends you out, with a kind of a glow…” I still tear up when I think about how many times I’ve sung that song. I danced for 15 years at Straub Dance and every year we ended the show with the Grand Finale. If there was poppy silk red lipstick and one perfect coral blush, there was “That’s Entertainment”. I love Carol and her girls. They were such a huge part of my life, along with the my friends that I made there! I can’t imagine life without this song…if you could only see the dance too!