Being a sassy successful lady in her mid 20’s, I often get a lot of questions as to why I’m still single. I would love to have someone in my life, however I just can’t seem to find the person who’s right and seems to fit what I’m looking for*. So then what happens next, is that I do things or say things to push the guys I’m not feeling away. Not always on purpose, but this is what seems to happen. *Just so you know, I have no set list of what I’m looking for, but it must be someone who gives me Bs&Os. But I think if you don’t get the butterflies, it’s not worth trying for the later.
My friend, lets just call her Andie for theory’s sake, just starting dating a new guy a few weeks ago. Last night, he told her he’s starting to feel like he’s in the movie How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days. So, I thought I’d put together a list of things done recently by Andi, myself and a few other close friends I have, in order to “Loose their guy”. I can’t guarantee that it will work in 10 days, some may go quicker and some may try to hang in a bit longer. If he’s still around after this, he may be worth keeping!
- Give him a nickname, tell him he has one, but don’t tell him what it is.
- Take him for cocktails with your closest girlfriends. Only talk to your friends, and be sure to discuss all of the nick names that you call all of the guys that didn’t work out in the past.
- Make him chase your dog into the woods in the middle of the night.
- Invite him in your house, but then get mad at him if his hands start to wander.
- Let him sit on your front porch banging on your door all night long and never answer it, even if you can hear him knocking.
- Get mad when he calls/texts too much or too soon. Get mad when he doesn’t call/text soon enough.
- Stress out while you’re giving him a hair cut at your house.
- Leave him alone in one of your neighbor’s homes while having a conversation for 30 minutes with another neighbor.
- Have your friend who has a key to your house walk in one morning and tell him to scoot over in bed because she has something very important to tell you.
- Let him know, “No, I’m not going to sleep with you. Not tonight, and not for a long time…I’m waiting for the right person. Don’t look at me like that. I could have told you the reason I’m not doing it is because I have herpes.”
“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can’t handle me at my worst… then you don’t deserve me at my best.”
Andie, if you’re reading this…he may be worth keeping around for a while!