Mere and I have been best friends since my sophomore year of high school. In short, for the past 10 years. For 8 of those, I’ve lived in a different state, but that hasn’t kept us from remaining close.
When we lived in the same town, we were attached at the hip.
There have been many important things I haven’t missed in Mere’s life.
* I didn’t miss the premiere weekend of Evita. (One of the first times we hung out.)
* I didn’t miss her high school graduation party.
* I didn’t miss the evening she decided perhaps our life should be a musical and we danced around the ‘ville at insane hours in the morning jumping on park benches singing at the top of our lungs.
* I didn’t miss the day she decided she couldn’t date her high school love Matt anymore.
* I didn’t miss one of the worst days of her life. In fact, I climbed out of a life guard chair and left work to cry with her.
* I didn’t miss the day she got her first pair of designer jeans. We got them together at Cricket West, Diesels. ( I also didn’t miss that the salesman slipped his card down her pants!)
* I didn’t miss the day she found out she passed the bar.
* I didn’t miss her first time away from Josh, when she realized she was in love with him.
* I didn’t miss the phone call when he broke her heart.
* I didn’t miss her engagement ring when it flashed in the sun, the first time I saw her newly engaged!
* I didn’t miss her shower of bachelorette party! (Or any of the good looking men in the bar that night!)
* I didn’t miss the rehearsal dinner or forget to bring mimosas to the salon the day of the wedding.