Via "I Can Read"
But I’d like to be. Sadly, rain makes me grumpy. It makes me want to stay inside, curled up in my bed, with my dog and my phone turned off. But with rain predicted for the next 5 days, I\’m going to have to adjust my attitude or I\’m in for an awful time!
Do you know what would make me feel better? A giveaway! Check back tomorrow for the details.
Just before Christmas, a good friend of mine called me with fantastic news: She had struck gold. Once upon a time, when she was born, someone purchased a bond in her name. As she matured, so did the bond. Now that it’s reached it’s full potential, she is getting $10,000! Just like that.
I was so excited for her when she called to tell me, but a part of me wished that I had a goose that laid golden eggs too!
This week another friend called me to tell me that perhaps my goose dreams had come true. Uncle Sam was going to give a tax free loan of $7500 to all first home buyers who purchased a new home after April! The catch was that you pay the loan back over the next 15 years in equal payments.
Of course my first thought was that I could have a pair or two of shoes like Tiffany…
Or go on a fab vacation…
Then reality hit that I could ultimately pay off my credit cards and save a bit for the dismal sales year that is wrecking my world. (And perhaps one new pair of shoes.)
As soon as I got home, I googled the info just to check it all out and make sure the rumors were true.
Low and behold, there is a Federal Housing Tax Credit if you purchased a home AFTER April 9, 2008. I closed on April 3rd.
Seriously…8940 minutes…144 hour…6 short days…not even one full week, is going to stand between me and the elimination of my credit card debt (and a new pair of CLs)?
WARNING to Uncle Sam: Stand back. I may need to punch someone in the face!
I guess you could say I’m still looking for my goose (and fabulous shoes that are on sale*).
*A special thanks to K. Dukes who let me in on the net-a-porter promo!
I feel like I had the craziest 2 months ever…
From November through December I’ve traveled from the beaches of SC to the mountains of PA (and a few other places in between).
I’ve spent time with old friends and thankfully made a new. ( Although for the most part I’ve only written about the exciting parts, I’m still a bit apprehensive.)
I’ve lost business deals so large that they crushed my quarter, my heart and my wallet. I’ve also lost my keys, a black boot, my favorite bra and my mind.
I’ve ran farther than I imagined and shook it with the best. I’m finally official!
If this doesn’t prove me crazy enough, Cam has tagged me and asked me to give 7 things that people may not know about me…for the most part, I’m an open book, and I’ve told y’all a lot about me (and I think I’ve done something like this before), but I’ll see if there is anything good that I can drum up…
- Before I took my current job in April 2007, I didn’t own a computer. I went to the library almost daily to check my email and my space. Now I can’t imagine a day computer (or blackberry) free.
- I’m OBSESSED with Zumba. I know I’ve said that I like it before, but I’ve reached a new level of KRAZY. I’ve been known to take more than one class a day if I’m around, fly to other states for workshops and even drive 30 minutes for a one hour class with a teacher that I love. I started teaching with my favorite instructor! You can find us HERE! *Krazy is currently one of my favorite songs I use in class.
- I haven’t always had short hair, but I prefer it this way. I first cut it all off in 2001, grew it back out from 2003-2006 and cut it all back off again in November of 2006.
- Once upon a time I was a beauty queen had a crown or two. My close friends called me their PricASS. When I decided I didn’t want to do it anymore, I cut off all my hair (for the first time) because I thought that you had to have loads of hair to hold a crown. I never wore big hair, or too many sequins, but I did stuff my bra, glue swim wear to my booty and own clear heels. If you ever repeat this to anyone, may you live the rest of your life in ugly, uncomfortable shoes that give your feel awful corns and calluses.
- NEVER have I EVER been snow skiing. I always wanted to be in ski club, but it conflicted with my dance schedule and my mom was always afraid that I would break my leg (causing me to not be able to dance in the costumes that had already been ordered for that year). Now that I live in the Carolina’s there aren’t too many places to go. I’m also so scared that I will be terrible, and also still fear that I may break my leg causing me not to be able to run or Zumba. Thanks Mom.
- My Soph dog, recently got hit by a car. She has been visiting with my parents since Thanksgiving and decided to run into the street in front of their house. Don’t worry. She’s my daughter and a bad ass little beast and managed to walk away unharmed. How that happened? I have no idea. But I bet you didn’t know that about me…err…I mean my dogger.
- I love my job, but there are so many days that I wish I could go back to school and do something else. I’m not sure what that is yet, but I guess I still have time to figure all of that out!
I’m supposed to tag 7 people…but I’m not much for rules. So you’re tagged if…
You have less than 7 letters in your first name.
If you had to count the number of letters in your first name. Ha. I see you! and I stole this idea from another blogger.
Have a 7 in your birthday. Day/ Month/ Year
Just feeling like telling the blogosphere how Krazy you are!
Do it. I double dog dare you!
Posted in Believe it or not-this is a true story, Big Sexies, Blogs I love, Charlotte, Fashion, Fun Stuff, I deserve a drink after that, I hate being wrong, I'll Never Tell, III, Inspired by..., Personal, Rain makes me grumpy, Reasons I might be a Space Cadet, Things I don't like, Things I love, Who does that?
My Lovely Readers,
I just wanted you to know that after a lot of thought, I’ve decided to move my blog. I don’t intend to be 100% anonymous, but I think it will help me to be able to write a bit less censored.
Thanks to the technology of wordpress, I can move all my posts too!
If you are interested in my new link, please leave me a comment, or email me.
Because I have vowed to blog daily in November, I will be
stealing borrowing great ideas from other bloggers over the next few weeks. Brandy recently posted about the things she chooses and I loved it! So I thought I’d share with you a few of my own.
dogs over cats
ketchup over any other condiments
no dressing over ranch
Sophie Kinsella over Jane Green
heels over flats
Keeneland over the Derby
hot over cold
Glamour over Cosmo
wine over beer
dresses over jeans
lip gloss over lipstick
silver over gold (yellow gold that is)
Zumba over running
short hair over long hair
Nip/Tuck over Dr. 90210
Goose over Stoli
Twilight over Potter
Christina over Brittany
pizza over pasta
Heidi over Tyra
facebook over myspace
oceans over lakes
Lizzie McGuire over Hannah Montana *lets pretend I never wrote that, even if it’s true
hugs over handshakes
steak over any other meal
half full over half empty
choice over force
Nordstrom over any other department store
snow over rain
Chic-Fil-A over any drive through
diet coke over diet pepsi
love over anything
What do you choose?
Do you ever have weeks, days, hours or minutes that you stop and question your abilities? Your ability to perform in your career, in your friendships, relationships or as yourself? That’s the kind of week that I’ve had…with both my personal and professional life.
But just when I think that I can’t take another moment, I’m reminded that I am the only person who can pick myself back up and at the end of the day, the week, the month, the quarter or even just the moment, we are lucky enough to have another one begin.
I may not win…but I’ll be damned if I loose!
PS-If you need a pick me up too, go listen to Ingrid Michaelson’s
new song “Be OK”. I think I’ve played in a million times this week. The entire CD is amazing.
I am sucking as a blogger lately. Real life takes over some times and I’m so tired at night that I don’t have the energy to think long enough to put my thoughts into anything worth reading (not that this will be).
I guess the only way to put my thoughts this afternoon is to group them into the following categories…
*The Gas Crisis is sucking.
*I’m closing my fiscal year, I should be closing business. Instead I’m fighting fires and business is so slow that there isn’t really any to close.
*I’m scheduled to take the GMAT in October, and high school level math is killing me.
*I was supposed to have a mini break next weekend and there has been a mix up in the dates and now I won’t be able to make it! Boo.
*Just like Brookem, I hate it when people at stores ignore me when they’re checking out.
*My body aches from all of my running and Zumba.
~My teacher is prego and she is needing some help, so I’ve been jamming at least 3 times a week!
*I feel the same was Brandy does on a lot of things. Like 1,2, 3, 4, 6, 10. (Did I mention she only had 10 items on her list)
The Good: (Because I always save the Best for last)
* Today is Kristen’s Brithday! Go visit her and make sure to give her some lovin’. xxxo
*The FREE Discovery Download on iTunes is a Little Jackie song that I think is super cute…and it’s FREE so check it out.
*My momma is visiting this weekend from Ohio and I could use some serious mom time.
*I’m loving the fall line up. It was the best surprise to see Lipstick Jungle on my DVR!
*Isis went home on ANTM and that rocked my week!
*I ran my longest run ever last Sunday and was able to run 7.3 miles!
*Amy’s doing this amazing photography project called BELIEVE. I’m so excited to be a part of it! My shoot is Tuesday and I can’t wait! I will for sure be sharing with you all! Be sure to check out her site and see what she’s done so far.
I hope your weekend is filled with more Good than anything else.
PS- If you’re debate watching, be sure to go to your closest liquor store and pick up some loot for Julie Q’s Presidential Cocktails or Brandy’s Debate Drinking Game!
PSS- Speaking of voting…I hope you’re voting for Brandy for Best Relationship Blog HERE! And Jamie’s Shopping Blog HERE!