What do you even begin to open back up to the interwebs when it’s literally been almost months since you’ve let them in? I guess the only fair thing to do is to lay it all on the line. Because I know you won’t judge…
- Last week my reader had almost 1000 unread blog posts…I “marked all as read”. This doesn’t mean that I don’t love and miss you.
- I’ve been reading the same book since December…everyone else seems to have loved it, and I just can’t get into it. Regardless of this, I still have 4 other books sitting on my nightstand uncracked. This is so embarrassing.
- Some days I want to be Taylor Swift. For serious. She’s so adorable and well dressed and smart and happy.
- I follow Miley Cyrus on Twitter.
- Two years ago, I thought I knew what I wanted in life. It’s amazing how life can change in such a small amount of time.
- I am attracted to all the wrong men.
- The happiest hour of my day is when I’m dancing.
- I buy far too many dancing clothes.
- I own a too many unworn shoes, clothing with tags attached, books unread…but I don’t own a vacuum. The idea of purchasing one makes me a bit ill.
- I think I missed my calling as a ballroom dancer. I love the drama of it all.
- I’ve been keeping super busy so that I don’t remember that I’m super lonley.
- I will try my best to start to write more again, but I can’t make any promises!
Anything you want to tell me?
Posted in Believe it or not-this is a true story, Blogs I love, Books I love, Celebs, Charlotte, I deserve a drink after that, Just Dance, Love, Maybe I have a shopping problem, Personal, Reasons I'm still single, Things I don't like, Things I love
Bremer Baby Bump Alert!
And NO…it’s not me…
I can’t believe it’s been a year since my little bro tied the knot. He’s growing up so fast. In early May he graduated from college, and now him and his wifey are expecting a little girl, in September!
I’m so excited to be an aunt. But I feel so young to be called Aunt Sara! Craziness.
You better believe I am ready to do some serious shopping for this baby. Have you seen what I do to my dog? Here are a few things that Savannah will have to have from her Auntie SJ…
Flower and Bow Headbands
This is just the beginning, so if you know of any cute baby stuff that I just have to get for my brother and sister in law, let me know!
When Christyn sent me an email with a link to her Esty shop, I was blown away by her creativity and talent. She truly has a gift for jewelry making and I was so excited when she agreed to donate a piece to my readers.
My favorites from Bead Up are the Dewdrop Rose Quartz and Amethyst Earrings pictured above and the Green with Envy Bracelet, that I can’t seem to find in the shop anymore!
Thank you so much to all of you that picked your favorite Bead Up item and entered, and a huge hug and kiss to all of you who went to her shop and made a purchase. Your support for her means so much to me!
After a Random selection, the winner of My Favorite Things: Bead Up is Tiffany! Thanks again my lovely readers for your support for Christyn. Now go…SHOP!
I grew up in a small Ohio city. To be frank, I never cared for the rural, farm-like, grey town. Though I always knew I wanted to get away from the Midwest, never in my life did I imagine that I would be living in California. Not only that, but I never really realized the vastness of natural beauty until I moved to California. It’s easy to find inspiration here. When I lived in San Francisco my dorm overlooked the Golden Gate bridge and the San Francisco sky-line. Now, living in Los Angeles, I drive through mountains and cities on a daily basis and am confronted with cultural and geographical differences everywhere I look. When I to other countries my camera never stops taking pictures of what I see as exotic and majestic, fascinated that the natives find it all commonplace.
After seeing such inspiring places, I wasn’t looking forward to going back to Ohio or Kentucky, my alma matter, for the first time after leaving. But instead of seeing the grey, boring landscape of my childhood, my eyes suddenly had a new appreciate for an equivalent, albeit different, beauty of what I always saw as normal.
Here are some examples of photos I have taken of the beauty I have found in both the “grey” and also the glamorous, and how I have transformed their inspirations into jewelry:
Purple Haze Necklace
SaN Francisco, CA
Asymetrical Purple Beaded Gemstone Necklace
Mosaic Teardrop Earrings
Black Eye Glasses Lanyard
It doesn’t matter where we are or what resources we do or do not have around us. What matters, and what makes a difference, is the lenses of the eyes of which we look at the world around us.
Where do you find your inspiration? Look around! It’s everywhere!
Thanks for letting me be part of your day 🙂
~Christyn of Bead Up
I have a blog now, too 🙂 Check it out at beadup.blogspot.com
I LOVE jewelry and crafts and all things handmade and beautiful. I LOVE that Esty opens up doors for fabulous artists who want to make their dream a reality.
One of my amazingly talented sorority sisters, Christyn recently opened her shop Bead Up and has generously donated one of her best selling items.
Choose from Live, Love, Laugh, Hope, Dream, Believe.
So now the rules…
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite item from Christyn’s shop.
- If you post about this contest on your blog or twitter you will get an additional entry. You must leave a second comment with the link to your blog saying that you did!
- You do not need to have a blog to enter, just a valid email address and a willingness to give me your info to ship you the book.
- All entries must be in by Thursday, May 7th at midnight. I will announce the winner Friday, May 8th! Get excited!!
So what are you waiting for??? GO to Bead Up…NOW!!
Hello my long lost blog friends! I’m so sorry that I’ve been MIA lately. Work is sucking the life out of me and spring just seems to be a pretty busy time of the year. When I saw that Jules was the only one keeping things afloat around here I was so embarrassed. My blog needs some good lovin’.Although I’ve been swamped, I have a few new additions to my life that seem to be making things better/ easier/ more fun lately.
Exhibit A: New Coffee Maker.
- My Savior
I know that this sounds crazy, but above coffee maker changed my world! I can’t begin to tell you how great it is to wake up to fresh coffee. It’s so much better than waiting and has been helpful in getting my day off on the right start. Best $40 ever spent!
Exhibit B: Closet Store Solutions
I was on the verge of throwing all my shoes out the window due to my frustration with my closet storage. Then a friend introduced me to Neat Containers. Pretty much the greatest storage solution every, clear containers that turn your closet in to a perfect shoe dresser! Go to the site and check it out.
Exhibit C: Home Movies
I invested in a FLIP cam. (Of course mine is pink.) I haven’t had a lot of time to play around with it yet, but I think it’s going to be a great investment for the future of this blog. Once I become a bit better, I’ll be sure to share with you. Right now they all look like “Blair Witch Project” material.
Exhibit D:Say Hey by Michael Franti
I am seriously in LOVE with this song. It just makes me want to roll down the windows in my car and dance!
PS- If you can tell me about a great summer song that I just have to have for my Zumba classes that I don’t have yet, I will gift you this song on iTunes.
Exhibit E: Tomorrows Giveaway!!! Get excited!!!
What have you been loving lately that I just HAVE to know about??
Happy Easter from Not Your Plain Jane!!!
SJ and Soph Dog
PS- Just want you all to know how much I HATE it when she dresses me up like this!